Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thoughts from Valentine's Day

As I was reading in 1 John today, my heart was so encouraged by the reminder of the {reality and richness} of God's love for me.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. (1 John 4:9, 10 NIV84)

Oh the heart of my God! Gracious, merciful, and filled with a love so {selfless and pure} is the heart of my Father! Only His is a heart filled with a love so powerful that it would cause Him to pursue my heart with all of His being, even to the point of giving His own life for mine. What an example! Truly, only His love can ever restore and fulfill the dark, lonely crevices of the wounded, broken human heart!


{So blessed to be His!}




No comments:

Post a Comment