Monday, July 5, 2010

Kanakuk-Staff Training Week

Staff Training week was very busy. I don't think I have ever been so exhausted in my life. During our Purity Talk, a couple days after we arrived at camp, my head began to feel heavy and I seriously had to hold my head up. God was my strength though and always gave me just enough strength to get through the day. A normal staff training day looked something like this...

8:05-Plank
8:30-Breakfast
8:45-9:15- Quiet Time
9:15-10:00-Leadership Speaker
10:30-12:30-Work Session
12:30-1:00- Lunch
1:00-2:00-More Training
2:00-5:30- Work Session (During which we planted many flowers, sealed steps, painted, weeded, spread mulch, cleaned cabanas)
5:30-6:30-Clean up for supper
6:30-Supper
7:00-11:00- I don't really remember what we all did during this time, but one night we played a game called East vs. West (like Ultimate Frisbee just with a ball) (it was way intense!!!). Another night we went to K-Kountry's Party Barn for a concert with Thist'le and Ben Rector.

Anyway, we had super busy days and as I told my family, I did not even have time to think about being homesick. :D

We had two nights off while I was there. The first was exactly a week after I got there on Wednesday and the second was that Saturday. During the first one I went to the Stark's house to do laundry and they fed me a wonderful home cooked meal. Also, Rebekah and Bethany were down visiting them so I got to see them too. I really wanted to jump into their fluffy King Sized Bed and sleep for forever, but I had to be check back in at Jamp by 12:45. I was too tired to stay up that late, though, so I returned around eleven.

On my second night off Hayden, Hannah, Bekah, Bethany, and the Langemeier family met me at Kamp. After showing them around we drove down to the Branson Landing. Since it was Memorial Day weekend, Mr. Langemeier and I walked around for forever trying to find a restaurant where I could eat and everyone else could have dessert. Unfortunately, every restaurant had at least an hour wait, so we finally settled for a small coffee shop that wasn't nearly as busy. It was so good to be able to spend time with my dear friends, the Langemeiers. After I ate, Langemeiers left and Bekah, Bethany, Hayden, Hannah, and I went back to their house. We talked for a while and then Rebekah took me back to kamp. As I went back into the gates and shut off my cell phone, I struggled for the first time with feeling like I was trapped. I am so used to living in a big, wide open area where I can go wherever I want whenever I want. God showed me the importance of being content with wherever He has place me...including in a gated community. As I poured my heart out before my savior, God was so faithful and continually renewed my peace.

June 1st finally arrived....BRING ON THE FAMILIES!!


Hayden, Hannah, and I at the Landing!




















My sissie Bethany and I enjoying a night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment