Monday, July 5, 2010

K-Kauai- My dear friends!

Sweet Emily and I. Wow what an encouragement Emily was to me. She is engaged to one of the guy staff members. It was so encouraging to be able to talk with her about their relationship and their desire to honor God in everything they do!


Sam has such a sweet, God honoring heart. She too was such an encouragement to me. Keep on loving on God's people, Sam!!


Ahh, Alyson, where do I start? Alyson came early for boat driving training too. I will never forget meeting her for the first time...we hit it off right away. While we were planting flowers we talked about churches, shared our testimonies, and talked about her desire to work for a ministry that helps women involved in human trafficking. While we were there she found out she will get to do just that this fall. Praise God!

Then during one of those first nights Alyson and I went on a walk down on the lower fields together. We were both able to share our hearts. It was her first time being away from her twin sister Emily and my first time being away from home for that long. She quickly became a sister to me, and I have no doubt God sent her to Kauai just for me. What a blessing she was in my life the whole time I was there. I got continual hugs and encouragement from my dear sister! I miss you so much Alyson and hope to visit you soon!



Laura and I life guarding!! Love you girl!


Roomies!! Corrie, Lori, Sam, Alyson, and I. Everyone was about ready for bed. Haha oh our (or should I say their, I was always attempting to sleep...lol) night discussions. Haha too hilarious!




My dear friend Corrie and I! On one of our 2-4s we were going to go jet skiing together. Unfortunately, that didn't work out so I took her to Table Rock's Moonshine Beach. She is from Florida, so it was nothing like her beaches. I had to convince her that there was absolutely nothing dangerous no sharks or alligators or dangerous fish in the water. :D

One of my favorite memories from kamp is picking rocks out of the mulch with Corrie during one of the work crews. We started teaching one another scripture we had memorized. A task that could have been boring became anything but boring. I love you Corrie and especially your heart for the Lord!

We were able to go pick blueberries together on the Saturday after we were done. It was so good to be able to spend time with Corrie reflecting on our time at Kauai before returning home. Before I headed home Saturday night I dropped Corrie off at the Branson Airport. It was so hard to leave such a good friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment