Friday, February 19, 2010

LIviNG LiFe =)

Can't believe it has been over a month since I last posted. Much has happened in that short amount of time. It's not all been easy, but God has been faithful!

Classes...

Classes have been great! Never thought I would enjoy going to school, but I am! In Art Exploration we have made something fun each week...a self-portrait, a color wheel, a fish, a crayon resist painting, and two abstract paintings. I must say I never thought I was an artist, but watch out I just might be the creator of the next coloring book you buy your child...HA! I can draw to save my life, but ONLY to save my life. ;)

In Music Methods we have been using Nursery Rhymes to create transition songs for our future classes. One song I created...

Time for History (Sang to the tune of Ring Around the Roses)

Now its time for History,
Dates, people, and places,
Get your books out,
And get ready to learn!

I must admit, I never thought I would be singing silly songs in front of a whole bunch of college students, either! :)

Piano...

Currently, I am focusing on two songs...Lord Be Glorified and Sonatina Op. 36 No. 2.

Lord Be Glorified is a beautiful song mixed with the Canon in D. I am working on memorizing it for a recital which will take place in April or May.

FCA...

Its been great, definitely where God wants me. I have been pushed out of my comfort zone several times now. Near the beginning of the semester I gave my testimony and shared the gospel. This last week I spoke again, along with two of the other adult leaders. I spoke on the power of the Gospel of Christ. Truly, God's power is declared through the Gospel of Christ. Why then do we not constantly share it with others and preach it to ourselves? Is it not important to constantly be reminded that it is only by God's grace and Christ's sacrifice that we are righteous?

Kanakuk...

After much prayer and after totally leaving it in God's hands, God gave me a summer job at Kanakuk. I will leave May 21 and return on June 25. I will be working at K-Kauai their family camp! Looking back I can totally see how God's hand was in it the entire way!! If you want all the details you will have to let me know, its a long but great story. Waiting on God is not easy, but it is totally worth it.

Rebekah...

In January Rebekah found out that she is once again in need of the surgery. Her surgery will take place on March 3. I can't imagine how hard it must be for her, but God has given her a beautiful strength and steadfastness of heart.

LIvING LiFe is great, especially when you have the blessing & joy of knowing that this life is temporal. Because of Christ's sacrifice, I can look forward with confidence to that day when I will be able to eternally worship my Savior. But until then...may my life bring Him glory........

No comments:

Post a Comment