Thursday, January 7, 2010

Contra Mundum

Tomorrow, I will begin my fourth semester at Peru State College. As I look back over my experiences thus far, I praise God for having used my time at college to strengthen my love for Him.

Because I believe God has called me to be involved with various activities this next semester, I am only taking twelve credit hours.

Introduction to Special Education
Introduction to Art
Art Exploration
Teaching Music in Elementary and Middle School

Outside of school, God willing, I will be helping with the local FCA group, attending Omaha Bible Church, taking and practicing piano, working ten hours a week at American National, working a couple hours a week as a secretary, and babysitting.

While I may have a busy schedule, I have already started praying that God would bring opportunities for me to minister to my classmates. If God brings opportunities as He did last semster, as I believe He will, I know I will often be forced to stand alone for my Savior. Though such a choice may bring trials, I will choose to live a life contra mundum, rather than a life as an enemy of God's (James 4:4).

Certainly I am looking forward to this next semester with a little bit of anxiousness; yet, at the same time, God has bestowed upon me a gracious amount of peace & joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment